Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Britney's shaved head

Britney Spears recently shaved her head and for the first time, I actually respect her. Its a message of "fuck you world. I don't care what you think" to everyone who is judging her. Let's be honest, hair is something we hide behind. A nice head of hair is a sign of youth and vitality. We colour and shape it to influence how we are perceived by others. So many times I've been tempted to shave my own head, with the message "here I am world, take me as I am." As much as I'd like to shave my head, I don't have the guts to actually go through with it. For starters, I really like my hair and consider it one of my best features. And if I shaved my head, everyone would stare at me and make me feel uncomfortable. Yes, I'm going to say something I never thought I'd say, I really admire Britney Spears right now.

No comments: