Tuesday, March 25, 2008

a lost friendship

Its been a long time since I've written, but this time I'm determined to write regularly. Another birthday has passed and I'm now 25 years old. Damn, that's getting old! And this was the best birthday ever. Why? Because no one knew it was my birthday, so I was free from all social obligations and unwanted attention. I was still depressed, as I always am on this day, but at least it wasn't stressful.

In other news, a promising friendship is no more. Robyn, I'm sure you'll never read this, but I'm going to explain it here regardless. We met two years ago, upon our arrival in Japan. At first, it was a friendship of convenience. We were both new, both uncertain of our environment, both in need of support. Admittedly, we had very different personalities, but that didn't seem to matter. We became good friends, hanging out, traveling, working through the Japan experience together. And then, over time, I noticed changes. Basically, we grew apart. And then you invited me out to dinner to meet your mother, who was visiting. As we walked to the restaurant, we chatted and everything was okay. But when we arrived, there was Amy waiting for us. As you may have realized, I don't like Amy. Her personality sucks and she acts mentally unbalanced on occasion. I'm sure Amy feels the same way about me, so it was no surprise that she acted so coldly towards me. But it was a surprise that you did. Why did you invite me in the first place? Robyn, I have no room in my life for fake friendships. And that is clearly what ours is. Life is just too short. And so here on this blog that you will never read, I'm saying goodbye. You'll probably not even notice any change, since we see each other so rarely now. But you will no longer be part of my life. This saddens me, because I liked you and considered you a good friend. At one time we were. But this is the end for us.

1 comment:

Logan Miles said...

That's a very sad situation but I think we all experience such situations but aren't always aware of the points you expressed, for some they meet new people not even realizing why they left the last one behind. It sound's to me like she was cold towards you because she and her friend had formed a similar opinion about you and that doesn't sound like people someone needs to be concerned with. Anyway thank you for the Pimsleur notes, I need them so I can see everything written does as well.